Lauren began her professional career in consumer market research, and has become a well-known and respected analyst and consultant. Prior to founding LSC, Lauren was a manager at hospitality consulting firm PKF Inc., research director at the San Diego Convention & Visitors Bureau and was employed by or consulted to the City and County of Los Angeles, and State of California.
She has been a force in local community/economic development with appointments by elected officials to local advisory committees for a new business improvement district (BID), a community plan development committee and a design board to review the development of a public/private community retail center.
Lauren is a dynamic speaker on travel, hospitality and research, featured by various groups, including the Western Association of Convention & Visitors Bureaus, CalTravel, Southern California Visitor Industry Outlook Conference, Oregon Restaurant Association, Rotary5 LA, as well as destination management organizations and chambers of commerce throughout the west.
• Bachelor of Science (communications), Northwestern University
• Master of Public Administration (MPA), University of Southern California
Post-graduate Professional Certificates
• Management Development for Entrepreneurs (MDE), UCLA Anderson School of Management,
• Organization and Leadership, UCLA Extension
• Instructor, UCLA Extension Hospitality and Foodservice Marketing